- 12 mediumcarrots
- 2 ½ lbchicken drumsticks
- 8 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  coconut aminos
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2Peel and mince garlic and ginger. In a large bowl, prepare marinade by whisking together ½ of the garlic and ginger (save the rest for the carrots), vinegar, honey, coconut aminos, and pepper.
8 cloves garlic 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar 6 tbsp honey 3 tbsp coconut aminos ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3Make a couple cuts in each of the drumsticks. Add to bowl with marinade and toss to coat. Transfer to a large baking dish, reserving marinade in bowl.
2 ½ lb chicken drumsticks
- 4Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Spoon reserved marinade on top of chicken and continue baking until cooked through, another 10-15 minutes.
- 5Wash and peel carrots. Slice diagonally into ¼ in pieces.
12 medium carrots
- 6Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add remaining garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds. Add carrots and season with salt and pepper. Stirring frequently, cook until carrots are tender-crisp and slightly browned, 8-10 minutes. If skillet gets too dry, add a little water.
about 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8Wash and dry parsley. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Stir ½ (save the rest for garnishing) into the carrots.
1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 9To serve, place carrots on a plate, add drumsticks on top, and garnish with remaining parsley. Enjoy!