- ⅛ cupalmonds
- ½ (142 g) pkgbaby arugula
- 1 smallbutternut squash
- 236 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- ⅛ cupdried cranberries
- ½ (113 g) loggoat cheese
- ½ cupquinoa
- ½ mediumred onion
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- 2In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
½ cup quinoa 236 ml (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 3Peel squash, scrape out and discard the seeds, and medium dice the flesh. Transfer to a sheet pan.
1 small butternut squash
- 4Drizzle squash with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 5Place in the oven and roast until squash is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- 6Wash and dry arugula. Transfer to a large bowl.
½ (142 g) pkg baby arugula
- 7Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings. Add to bowl.
½ medium red onion
- 8Add almonds and cranberries to bowl.
⅛ cup almonds ⅛ cup dried cranberries
- 9In a small bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together lemon juice, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
½ lemon 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 10Cut remaining ½ lemon into wedges.
- 11Crumble goat cheese into a small bowl.
½ (113 g) log goat cheese
- 12Uncover quinoa and fluff with a fork. Add quinoa and squash to salad and toss.
- 13To serve, place salad on a plate, sprinkle with goat cheese, and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!