- ¼ cupalmonds
- 2 stickscelery
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cupdried cranberries
- 2Gala apples
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ½ cupquinoa
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
½ cup quinoa 8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2Wash and dry apples, celery, and parsley.
2 Gala apples 2 sticks celery ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 3Core and medium dice the apples. Trim ends and medium dice the celery. Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Transfer ingredients to a large bowl.
- 4Add almonds and cranberries to bowl.
¼ cup almonds ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 5Peel and mince garlic. In a small bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together garlic, lemon juice, oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
1 clove garlic ½ lemon 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp honey ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 6Uncover quinoa, fluff with a fork, and add to bowl.
- 7Pour dressing over top salad and toss.
- 8To serve, place salad on a plate. Enjoy!