- 1 (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- 2 (14.5 oz) cansdiced tomatoes
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 mediumyellow onion
- 2 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 medium zucchini squash 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- 3While the pan heats up, trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion (cut into ¼-inch pieces).
1 medium yellow onion
- 4Once the pan is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5Add the onion to the pan; cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6While the onion cooks, trim off and discard the ends of the zucchini; halve the zucchini lengthwise, then cut the halves crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-rounds at an angle.
- 7Add the zucchini to the pan and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 8While the zucchini cooks, trim off and discard the root end of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
1 clove garlic
- 9Add the minced garlic, paprika, and cumin to the pan; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
4 tsp paprika 2 tsp cumin
- 10Add the tomatoes to the pan and stir to combine; simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 11While the tomatoes simmer, using a knife, shave the parsley leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves.
- 12Stir about ¾ of the parsley into the tomato mixture (save the rest for garnishing); stir to combine.
- 13Break the eggs into the saucepan.
- 14Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 15Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan; cook until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still runny, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 16Place the feta in a small bowl.
1 (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese
- 17Uncover the pan and garnish the shakshuka with feta and the remaining parsley.
- 18To serve, divide the shakshuka between plates. Enjoy!