- ½ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 12 ozrotini pasta
- 14 fl ozwhole milk
- 2 mediumzucchini squash
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
12 oz rotini pasta 2 tsp salt
- 2Coarsely grate the cheddar cheese and set aside.
½ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 medium zucchini squash 2 jalapeño peppers 1 small bunch cilantro 1 avocado 1 lime
- 4Juice the lime into a medium bowl. Peel and mince or press the garlic into the same bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 5Halve the avocado and remove pit; scoop out the flesh into the medium bowl. Mash with a fork, mixing it into the lime juice and garlic.
- 6Slice the zucchini into ½-inch half moons and set aside.
- 7Quarter the jalapeño peppers lengthwise; seed and remove ribs of the jalapeño with a spoon. Finely dice and set aside. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 8Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add butter, swirling to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 9Add the zucchini and jalapeños to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini begins to brown; 4-5 minutes. Pour contents of skillet into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 10Return the skillet to medium-low heat and add butter. Once melted, whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 11Whisk in the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
14 fl oz (1 ¾ cups) whole milk ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12Add the grated cheese to the skillet and stir until melted. Remove skillet from heat.
- 13Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Set aside.
- 14Add the avocado mixture to the skillet and stir until combined. Fold in the cooked pasta, veggie mixture, and cilantro.
- 15Divide between plates, serve immediately, and enjoy! s