- 1 cupbasmati rice
- ½ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 6 clovesgarlic
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 2 (15 oz) canspinto beans
- 1 mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Rinse rice in a colander until water runs clear, then transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir, and cover. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 16-18 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
1 cup basmati rice 2 cups water ½ tsp salt
- 2Halve and pit avocados; scoop out the flesh into a medium bowl.
- 3Wash and small dice tomatoes. Transfer to a different medium bowl.
- 4Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic. Wash, seed, and mince jalapeños. Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
1 medium red onion 6 cloves garlic 2 jalapeño peppers 1 small bunch cilantro
- 5Add ½ of the cilantro (save the rest for the rice), ⅓ of the garlic (save the rest for the salsa and beans), lime juice, salt, and pepper to avocado. Mash and mix until well combined. Set aside.
juice of 1 lime ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6Add ½ of the onion, ½ of the remaining garlic, ½ of the jalapeño, lime juice, salt, and pepper to tomatoes. Mix and set aside.
juice of ½ lime ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 7Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 8Drain and rinse beans.
2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans
- 9Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add beans, water, remaining onion, garlic and jalapeño, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook until water is evaporated and beans are heated through, 2-3 minutes.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil ½ cup water ½ tsp cumin ½ tsp oregano ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Finely grate 1 cup of cheddar.
½ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 11Add remaining cilantro and lime juice to rice. Stir to combine.
juice of ½ lime
- 12Place rice in a bowl and top with beans, salsa, guacamole, and cheddar. Enjoy!