- 1 lbcremini mushrooms
- 2 (14.5 oz) cansdiced tomatoes
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 4 ozParmesan cheese
- 8 tbsptomato paste
- 1 mediumyellow onion
- 4 mediumzucchini squash
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red lentils
- 1Rinse lentils under cold water and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add water and salt; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook until the lentils are tender, 15-20 minutes.
1 cup red lentils 2 cup water 1 tsp salt
- 2Meanwhile, peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 4 cloves garlic
- 3Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4Add onions and garlic; sauté, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, wash, dry, and slice the mushrooms.
1 lb cremini mushrooms
- 6Add mushrooms, more oil, and salt to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes, until the liquid released by the mushrooms has mostly cooked off.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp salt
- 7Add tomatoes and their juices, tomato paste, oregano, and thyme; stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes.
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes 8 tbsp tomato paste 2 tsp oregano 1 tsp thyme
- 8Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons.
1 small pkg fresh basil
- 9Stir the lentils and basil into the sauce and continue to simmer.
- 10Wash zucchini, trim ends, and use a julienne (or regular) peeler to make noodles. Use paper towel or a clean dish cloth to squeeze excess moisture out of the zucchini noodles.
4 medium zucchini squash
- 11Finely grate Parmesan.
4 oz Parmesan cheese
- 12To serve, divide noodles between plates; top with the hot sauce to warm the noodles. Sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!