- 6 mediumbeets
- 4 mediumcarrots
- 1 small pkgchives
- 2 cupsedamame
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 cupjasmine rice
- 1 (8 oz) pkgsugar snap peas
-  apple cider vinegar
-  black pepper
-  pure maple syrup
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
-  vegan mayonnaise
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add water and salt, then bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup jasmine rice 2 cup water ½ tsp salt
- 3Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce.
6 medium beets 4 medium carrots 1 (8 oz) pkg sugar snap peas 1 avocado 1 small pkg chives 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root
- 4Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5Trim, peel, and cut beets into ½-inch cubes. Transfer to a large baking sheet pan, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
4 tsp toasted sesame oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6Spread beets out in an even layer; place in the oven (it doesn't have to be fully heated), and roast, stirring halfway through, until fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, place edamame in a colander and rinse under hot, running water (from the tap) to defrost; set aside to drain further.
2 cups edamame
- 8Peel and grate carrots; transfer to a large plate.
- 9Cut snap peas crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle; add to the plate.
- 10Halve and pit the avocado. Slice thinly while still in skin, then scoop out onto the plate. Set veggies aside.
- 11Place mayo, water, tahini, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk to combine the sesame mayo and set aside.
⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise ¼ cup water 2 tbsp tahini ⅛ tsp salt
- 12Mince chives. Peel and mince ginger and garlic. Place in a medium bowl along with vinegar, soy sauce, and maple syrup. Whisk to combine the dressing.
2 cloves garlic 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 4 tsp soy sauce 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 13Transfer roasted beets to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine the "poke."
- 14To serve, divide rice between bowls. Arrange beet "poke," edamame, and veggies on top. Drizzle with sesame mayo and enjoy!