- 2 (15 oz) canscannellini (white kidney) beans
- 1English cucumber
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 1 (8 oz) pkgfresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 pintsgrape tomatoes
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red wine vinegar
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 pints grape tomatoes 1 English cucumber 1 small pkg fresh basil
- 2Drain and rinse the beans; set aside to drain further.
2 (15 oz) cans cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 3Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Transfer to a large salad bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 4To the garlic, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon, salt, and pepper; whisk together.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp red wine vinegar ½ tsp Dijon mustard 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 5Trim off and discard the ends of the cucumber; quarter the cucumber lengthwise, then slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces at an angle. Add to the salad bowl.
- 6Halve the grape tomatoes and add to the salad bowl.
- 7Pick the basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems and slice the leaves into a chiffonade by stacking them and rolling tightly into a cigar, then slicing crosswise into thin ribbons. Add to the salad bowl.
- 8Trim off and discard the ends of the shallots; peel and halve the shallots lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into half-rounds. Add to the salad bowl.
- 9Large dice the mozzarella into ¾-inch cubes and add to the salad bowl.
1 (8 oz) pkg fresh mozzarella cheese
- 10Add olive oil to a nonstick skillet and preheat over medium heat.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 11Large dice the buns or rolls into ¾-inch cubes.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 12Once the skillet is hot, add the bread cubes and cook, stirring frequently, until toasted and browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 13Once the bread has been transferred, add the beans to the skillet and season with salt and pepper; cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 14Add the beans and bread cubes to the salad bowl; toss to combine.
- 15To serve, divide the salad between plates or bowls. Enjoy!