- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 pintgrape tomatoes
- 1 ½ lbground turkey
- 1 mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  garlic powder
-  onion powder
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice 16 fl oz (2 cups) water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 pint grape tomatoes 1 avocado 1 lime 1 small bunch cilantro
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Quarter the grape tomatoes and transfer to a medium salad bowl (that will hold the pico de gallo salsa).
- 5Using a knife, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves. Add to the salad bowl.
- 6Juice the lime and add to the salad bowl.
- 7Trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion into ¼-inch pieces. Transfer one ½ of the diced onion to the salad bowl and the other ½ to a small bowl.
1 medium red onion
- 8Add coconut oil to a nonstick skillet and preheat over medium heat.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 9In a small bowl, combine and mix together chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
2 tbsp chili powder 2 tsp cumin 1 tsp oregano 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add the remaining onion; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 11Add the ground turkey to the skillet; cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, 3 to 4 minutes.
1 ½ lb ground turkey
- 12Add the spice mixture to the onion and turkey; stir until fragrant and well combined into the mixture, 15 to 30 seconds.
- 13Season the pico de gallo with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 14Remove the pit from the avocado with a knife or spoon; thinly slice the flesh crosswise (without piercing the skin) and scoop out. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 15Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 16To serve, arrange the rice, ground turkey, pico de gallo, and avocado slices in bowls. Enjoy!