- 2 mediumcarrots
- 591 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cupfrozen corn
- ½ cupfrozen peas
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 0.68 kgground turkey
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 28 gParmesan cheese
- 2 tbsptomato paste
- 1 mediumyellow onion
- 4 mediumyellow potatoes
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  Worcestershire sauce
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 medium yellow potatoes 2 medium carrots 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2Peel and small dice the potatoes.
- 3Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with hot water (from the tap). Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, 12-13 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender.
- 4Peel and mince the onion. Peel and small dice the carrots.
1 medium yellow onion
- 5Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add the carrots and onion to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 4-5 minutes.
- 7Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 8Add the ground turkey to the skillet and break it apart with a spatula. Add half of the minced parsley and the spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned, 7-8 minutes.
0.68 kg ground turkey 1 tsp rosemary 1 tsp thyme ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9Preheat oven to broil on high.
- 10Peel and mince the garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 11Add the Worcestershire sauce and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 12Add the flour and tomato paste to the skillet. Stir well, then add the broth, peas, and corn. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2 tbsp all-purpose flour 2 tbsp tomato paste 473 ml chicken or vegetable broth ½ cup frozen peas ½ cup frozen corn
- 13Once the potatoes are done, drain and return to the pot. Add the butter, broth, garlic powder, and salt; mash with a potato masher until smooth.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted 118 ml (½ cup) chicken or vegetable broth ½ tsp garlic powder ¼ tsp salt
- 14Finely grate the Parmesan.
28 g Parmesan cheese
- 15Transfer the turkey mixture to a medium baking dish and spread evenly. Top with mashed potatoes and Parmesan. Place in the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown.
- 16To serve, divide the Shepherd's pie between plates and garnish with remaining parsley. Enjoy!