- ½ cupbasmati rice
- 2 mediumcarrots
- ½ cupfrozen peas
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ¾ lbground turkey
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  soy sauce
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
½ cup basmati rice 8 fl oz (1 cup) water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 medium carrots ½ small bunch green onions 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Peel the carrots, then trim off the ends; discard the peels and trimmings. Small dice the carrots into ¼-inch cubes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 5Trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion into ¼-inch pieces. Add to the bowl with the carrots.
½ medium yellow onion
- 6Peel and grate or mince the ginger. Add to the bowl.
- 7Trim off and discard the root end of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Add to the bowl.
1 clove garlic
- 8Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
½ tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 11Add the ground turkey to the skillet; cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Once done, transfer to a bowl, leaving some of the juices in the skillet.
¾ lb ground turkey
- 12In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
- 13Once the turkey has been transferred, add the carrots, onion, ginger, garlic, and peas to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until the carrots are tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
½ cup frozen peas
- 14Move the vegetables to one side of the skillet and pour the egg on the other side. Scramble the egg until cooked and mix with the vegetables.
- 15Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 16Add the rice, turkey, ½ of the green onions (save the rest for garnishing), and soy sauce to the vegetables. Stir until well combined and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
2 tbsp soy sauce
- 17To serve, divide the fried rice between bowls and garnish with the remaining green onions. Enjoy!