- 2 (12 oz) pkgextra firm tofu
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 10 ozlinguine pasta
- 3 ozParmesan cheese
- 3 (8 oz) canstomato sauce
- 1 lbwhite mushrooms
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  Italian seasoning
-  onion powder
-  panko bread crumbs
- 1Cut the tofu into approximately ¼-inch thick planks along the long side. Sandwich the tofu between clean towels or paper towels and place on a baking sheet. Place a cutting board with something heavy on top and set aside to press out excess water.
2 (12 oz) pkg extra firm tofu
- 2Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
2 tsp salt 10 oz linguine pasta
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 lb white mushrooms 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 4Peel and mince the garlic. Slice the mushrooms. Transfer both to a medium bowl and set aside.
2 cloves garlic
- 5Combine spices in a small bowl; stir to combine the spice mix and set aside.
2 tsp Italian seasoning 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 6Grate Parmesan and set aside.
3 oz Parmesan cheese
- 7When pasta is done, drain in a colander, and rinse under cold water; set aside to drain further.
- 8Return the pot to medium heat; add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms soften, 1-2 minutes.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 9Add tomato sauce and spices to the pot and stir to combine. Cover and let simmer over medium-low for 5 minutes; turn off the heat.
3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce 1 tsp salt ½ tsp Italian seasoning ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- 10Cut tofu planks into approximately 2-inch wide rectangles along the short side. Arrange tofu on a baking sheet in a single layer. Season with half of the spice mix, followed by half of the bread crumbs. Press down lightly with your hands to help the breadcrumbs adhere.
½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 11Carefully turn the tofu planks over. Season with remaining spice mix and bread crumbs. Press down lightly with your hands to help the breadcrumbs adhere.
- 12Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 13When the skillet is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the tofu and cook until golden brown on one side, 3-4 minutes. Cook in batches if necessary.
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 14Using a spatula, carefully flip the tofu over and top each piece with Parmesan cheese. Cook until the other side has turned golden brown and the cheese has melted, 2-3 minutes.
- 15Add the pasta back to the pot with the sauce and toss until well coated. Cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- 16Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 17Divide pasta and sauce between bowls or dishes. Top with tofu and sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy!