- 1 (12 oz) pkgextra firm tofu
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 pintgrape tomatoes
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 5 ozlinguine pasta
- 2 ozParmesan cheese
- ½ lbwhite mushrooms
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  Italian seasoning
-  panko bread crumbs
- 1Cut the tofu into approximately ¼-inch thick planks along the long side. Sandwich the tofu between clean towels or paper towels and place on a baking sheet. Place a cutting board with something heavy on top and set aside to press out excess water.
1 (12 oz) pkg extra firm tofu
- 2Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
1 tsp salt 5 oz linguine pasta
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 pint grape tomatoes ½ lb white mushrooms ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 4Peel and mince the garlic. Halve the grape tomatoes crosswise. Slice the mushrooms. Transfer all to a medium bowl and set aside.
1 clove garlic
- 5Add breadcrumbs and spices to a baking dish; stir to combine. Spread mixture out in an even layer and set aside.
¼ cup panko bread crumbs 1 tsp Italian seasoning ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 6Grate Parmesan and set aside.
2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 7When pasta is done, drain in a colander, and rinse under cold water; set aside to drain further.
- 8Return the saucepan to medium heat; add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the tomato mixture, vinegar, and spices. Cover the pan, and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms soften and tomatoes begin to break down, 5-7 minutes.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar ¾ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- 9Meanwhile, preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10Cut tofu planks into approximately 2-inch wide rectangles along the short side. Add to the breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat.
- 11When the skillet is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the tofu and cook until golden brown on one side, 3-4 minutes.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12Using a spatula, carefully flip the tofu over and top each piece with Parmesan cheese. Cook until the other side has turned golden brown and the cheese has melted, 3-4 minutes.
- 13Add the pasta back to the saucepan with the sauce and toss until well coated. Cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- 14Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 15Divide pasta and sauce between bowls or dishes. Top with tofu and parsley. Enjoy!