- 2 (12 oz) pkgextra firm tofu
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 2green bell peppers
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 cupjasmine rice
- 2red bell peppers
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water to the saucepan; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup jasmine rice 2 cups water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 red bell peppers 2 green bell peppers 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 3Quarter the bell peppers lengthwise; remove and discard the stems, seeds, and membranes. Large dice the sections (cut into ¾-inch cubes) and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 4Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6While the skillet heats up, drain and large dice the tofu (cut into ¾-inch cubes); place the cubes on paper towels or a clean towel and pat dry.
2 (12 oz) pkg extra firm tofu
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 8Add the tofu to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Once done, transfer the tofu to a plate or bowl.
- 9While the tofu cooks, peel and grate or mince the ginger; transfer to a small bowl.
- 10Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Add to the bowl with the ginger.
4 cloves garlic
- 11Once the tofu has been transferred, add more coconut oil to the skillet followed by the bell peppers, ginger, and garlic. Stir-fry the peppers until they begin to soften, 2 to 4 minutes.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 12While the peppers cook, trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle and transfer to a small bowl.
- 13In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch with 4 tsp of water, then add soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey and whisk again.
2 tsp cornstarch 6 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil 1 tbsp honey
- 14Return the tofu to the skillet, add ½ of the green onions (save the rest for garnishing), and pour the sauce over top. Stir-fry until the vegetables and tofu are coated in the sauce and the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 15To serve, place the rice into a bowl, top with the stir fry, and garnish with the remaining green onions. Enjoy!