- 2 mediumcarrots
- 1English cucumber
- 6 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 ½ cupsjasmine rice
- 2 (15 oz) canspinto beans
- 4 capsportobello mushrooms
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  brown sugar
-  rice vinegar
-  sesame seeds
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 ½ cups jasmine rice 3 cup water
- 2Drain and rinse the beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 caps portobello mushrooms 1 English cucumber 2 medium carrots ½ small bunch green onions (scallions) 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root
- 4Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, and salt. Thinly slice the cucumber, add to the bowl, and toss to coat.
⅓ cup rice vinegar 2 tbsp brown sugar ½ tsp salt
- 6Peel and mince the garlic and the ginger; place in a small bowl. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil to make the teriyaki sauce.
6 cloves garlic ¼ cup soy sauce 2 tbsp brown sugar 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 7Remove the stems of the portobello mushrooms; scrape out the gills using a spoon. Cut mushrooms in half and then slice crosswise into thin strips.
- 8Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings.
1 medium yellow onion
- 9Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the yellow onions and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until the mushrooms have started to soften, about 6 minutes.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 11Add beans and teriyaki sauce to the skillet and cook 3 minutes more.
- 12Trim green onions and cut crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle.
- 13Peel and coarsely grate the carrots.
- 14Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork, and drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Fold the oil and seeds into the rice.
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 15To serve, divide rice between bowls and top with mushrooms, cucumbers, carrots, and green onions. Enjoy!