- 1 ½ cupsbrown lentils
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 ½ lbsweet potatoes
- 4 sliceswhole grain bread
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  curry powder
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- 2Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic and ginger.
1 medium yellow onion 4 cloves garlic 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger
- 3Coat bottom of pot with oil. Add onion and, stirring frequently, cook until softened, 3-4 minutes.
about 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 4Rinse lentils under cold water.
1 ½ cups brown lentils
- 5Wash potatoes and tomatoes. Peel and large dice the potatoes. Medium dice the tomatoes.
1 ½ lb sweet potatoes 2 tomatoes
- 6Add garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, curry, coriander, and salt to pot. Stir for about 1 minute.
1 tsp cumin 1 tsp turmeric 1 tsp curry powder 1 tsp coriander ½ tsp salt
- 7Add potatoes, tomatoes, lentils, and broth. Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes and lentils are tender, 15-20 minutes.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 8Toast bread.
4 slices whole grain bread
- 9To serve, add stew to a bowl and have with bread on the side. Enjoy!