- 2acorn squash
- 8 slicesbacon
- 2Gala apples
- ⅔ cuppine nuts
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  pure maple syrup
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F and place the rack in the center position.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 acorn squash 2 Gala apples
- 3Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds; discard. Slice a small piece off the bottom of each squash half just enough so that they will sit level.
- 4Drizzle cut-side with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Flip squash halves, scooped sides down, in cast iron skillet (or a baking sheet). Bake until golden and fork-tender, 30-35 minutes.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Chop bacon into ¼-inch pieces and cook until almost crispy. Drain most of the fat.
8 slices bacon
- 6Peel and dice onion. Add to pan, stirring to combine. Sprinkle with thyme and sage. Cook together until onion is soft and caramelized.
1 medium yellow onion 2 tsp sage ¼ tsp thyme
- 7Core, peel, and medium dice the apples. Add to pan, drizzle with maple syrup and salt. Cook 2-3 minutes until apple just starts to soften.
2 tbsp pure maple syrup ⅛ tsp salt
- 8Add pine nuts and cook for 1 minute.
⅔ cup pine nuts
- 9Remove the squash from the oven. Stuff each half with the bacon mixture.
- 10To serve, divide squash halves between plates. Enjoy!