- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 ½ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
- 4 mediumyellow potatoes
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
4 medium yellow potatoes 1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 2Peel and quarter the potatoes lengthwise (into wedges); transfer to a medium saucepan. Cover with hot water (from the tap) by about 1 inch and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4While the skillet heats up, pat the steak dry with paper towels and place on a plate; season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 ½ lb striploin (New York strip) steak 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 5Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 6Carefully place the steak in the skillet; flipping every 15 to 30 seconds, cook the steak until desired doneness (5 to 7 minutes for medium-rare). (Use a thermometer or cut into the steak to check the doneness.) Once done, transfer the steak to a plate, leaving any juices in the skillet, and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 7Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 8 to 12 minutes. Once done, reserve about 1 cup of liquid and drain the rest. Cover the saucepan to keep warm.
- 8Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 9Once the steak has been transferred, reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic and spinach to the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Stir until the spinach is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Add ½ of the reserved liquid, butter, salt, and pepper to the potatoes; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add more liquid to thin out the mash if needed.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 11To serve, divide the mashed potatoes between plates and top with the spinach sauté, then add the steak on the side. Enjoy!