- 4 mediumcarrots
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 1 ½ lbribeye steak
- 2 mediumturnips
- 4 mediumyellow potatoes
-  black pepper
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil.
about 7 cups water
- 2Wash turnips, potatoes, and carrots. Peel, large dice, and add to saucepan. Once boiling, cook until vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes.
2 turnips 4 medium yellow potatoes 4 medium carrots
- 3Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Wash and dry basil. Pick leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons.
1 small pkg fresh basil
- 5Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Place in the skillet and cook until desired doneness, 2-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil 1 ½ lb ribeye steak ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6Drain vegetables and return back to saucepan. Add broth, oil, ½ of the basil (save the rest for garnishing), salt, and pepper. Mash until smooth.
8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 7Thinly slice steak against the grain.
- 8To serve, place mash on a plate, add steak slices, and sprinkle with remaining basil. Enjoy!