- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 2 crownsbroccoli
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 ½ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
-  brown sugar
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  rice vinegar
-  soy sauce
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice 2 cup water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 2 oranges 2 crowns broccoli 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes.
- 4Peel and mince the garlic. Peel and mince or grate the ginger. Set both aside in a small bowl.
4 cloves garlic
- 5Use a grater to zest the oranges and transfer to the bowl with the garlic and ginger. Juice the orange into a separate small bowl.
- 6Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, ginger, orange zest, and chili-garlic sauce. Sauté until ingredients soften, 2-3 minutes.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp chili-garlic sauce
- 7Add orange juice, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and soy sauce to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and reduces by half, about 10 minutes.
2 tbsp brown sugar ½ cup rice vinegar ½ cup soy sauce
- 8Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Slice the steak against the grain into ½-inch strips.
1 ½ lb striploin (New York strip) steak
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 11Add the beef to the skillet and cook, without stirring, for 1 minute. Then turn the beef pieces over and cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer beef to a plate and set aside.
- 12Meanwhile, separate broccoli into bite-sized florets. Return the skillet to medium heat and add the broccoli. Stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 7 minutes.
- 13Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle.
- 14Add the beef back into the skillet with the broccoli. Add green onions and orange sauce to the skillet and stir well.
- 15To serve, divide the rice into bowls and top with the beef and veggie mixture. Enjoy!