- 2 cupsbasmati rice
- 2 crownsbroccoli
- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
-  black pepper
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  rice vinegar
-  sesame seeds
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F and position rack in the center.
- 2Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add water and salt; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
2 cups basmati rice 4 cup water 1 tsp salt
- 3Once the liquid for the rice comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add to a medium bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch and salt; toss to coat. Add chicken to one half of a large baking sheet, then place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless ¼ cup cornstarch 1 tsp salt
- 5Peel and mince garlic; place in a large bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 6Wash broccoli. Separate into bite-sized florets and cut stems into smaller pieces.
2 crowns broccoli
- 7Remove the chicken from the oven and toss; add broccoli to the other half of the baking sheet. Drizzle broccoli with sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Return tray to the oven until chicken and broccoli are cooked, about 10 minutes.
4 tsp toasted sesame oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 8Meanwhile, add honey, chili-garlic sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil to the bowl with the garlic; whisk until well combined.
2 tbsp honey 2 tbsp chili-garlic sauce 1 tsp rice vinegar 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 9Wash the green onions, trim off and discard the ends; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 10When the chicken is done add to the bowl with the sauce and toss to coat.
- 11To serve, divide rice, chicken, and broccoli between bowls. Top with green onions and sesame seeds and enjoy!
2 tsp sesame seeds