- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- 2 mediumcarrots
- 1 medium headcauliflower
- ½ lbcremini mushrooms
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- 4 tbsptomato paste
-  crushed red pepper
-  pure maple syrup
-  rice vinegar
-  sesame seeds
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes. Drain hot water and add ice or run under cold water to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
1 medium head cauliflower ½ lb cremini mushrooms 2 medium carrots 1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 3Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Once the skillet is hot, add ground beef and cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Remove skillet from the heat and, using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a plate and set aside.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef
- 5Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower head into quarters, then trim off and discard the leaves and thick stem. Using a box grater or food processor, coarsely grate the cauliflower and place in a large bowl.
- 6Thinly slice mushrooms and add to the bowl with the cauliflower.
- 7Peel, trim, and coarsely grate carrots; add to the bowl.
- 8Return the skillet (with leftover cooking juices) to medium-high heat, add oil, and swirl to coat the bottom. Add veggies and stir to combine.
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 9Add spinach to the skillet in handfuls, waiting for the spinach to wilt slightly before adding the next handful. Once all the spinach has wilted, flatten the veggie mixture in an even layer and cook, without stirring, until a brown crust forms on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, peel and mince the garlic and ginger.
4 cloves garlic
- 11Trim green onions and cut crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- 12Place garlic, ginger, onions, tomato paste, vinegar, oil, maple syrup, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper in the bowl used for the veggies. Whisk to combine the sauce.
4 tbsp tomato paste 2 tbsp rice vinegar 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil 2 tbsp pure maple syrup 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 tsp sesame seeds ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 13Drizzle sauce over the veggies, stir to combine, cover, and cook until the veggies are tender, 3-4 minutes.
- 14Return beef to the skillet, stir to combine and continue to cook, until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- 15Meanwhile, peel and halve the eggs.
- 16To serve, divide stir-fry between bowls or plates and top with eggs. Enjoy!