- 2 (15 oz) cansblack beans
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 2 cupsfrozen corn
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2jalapeño peppers
-  black pepper
-  gluten-free bread crumbs
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Drain and rinse beans.
2 (15 oz) cans black beans
- 2Wash and dry jalapeños and cilantro. Seed and mince jalapeñso. Shave cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
2 jalapeño peppers 1 small bunch cilantro
- 3Transfer beans to a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add eggs, jalapeños, ½ of the cilantro (save the rest for the guacamole), bread crumbs, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
2 eggs ½ cup gluten-free bread crumbs 1 tsp cumin ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 4Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Halve and pit avocados; scoop out the flesh into a medium bowl. Add remaining cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth.
2 avocados juice of 1 lime ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6Measure out corn.
2 cups frozen corn
- 7Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add corn and cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 8Shape black bean mixture into 12-16 patties and place on a plate.
- 9Once corn has been transferred, wipe skillet and coat with more oil. Working in batches, add patties and cook until browned and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 10Peel and mince garlic. Add garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper to corn; mix to combine.
2 cloves garlic juice of 1 lime ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 11Serve black bean cakes with guacamole and corn. Enjoy!