- 1 (15 oz) canblack beans
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1 cupfrozen corn
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1jalapeño pepper
-  black pepper
-  gluten-free bread crumbs
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Drain and rinse beans.
1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 2Wash and dry jalapeño and cilantro. Seed and mince jalapeño. Shave cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
1 jalapeño pepper ½ small bunch cilantro
- 3Transfer beans to a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add egg, jalapeño, ½ of the cilantro (save the rest for the guacamole), bread crumbs, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
1 egg ¼ cup gluten-free bread crumbs ½ tsp cumin ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Halve and pit avocado; scoop out the flesh into a medium bowl. Add remaining cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth.
1 avocado juice of ½ lime ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 6Measure out corn.
1 cup frozen corn
- 7Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add corn and cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
½ tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 8Shape black bean mixture into 6-8 patties and place on a plate.
- 9Once corn has been transferred, wipe skillet and coat with more oil. Add patties and cook until browned and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 10Peel and mince garlic. Add garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper to corn; mix to combine.
1 clove garlic. juice of ½ lime 1 pinch salt 1 pinch black pepper
- 11Serve black bean cakes with guacamole and corn. Enjoy!