- ½ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- 1 headromaine lettuce
- 16small corn tortillas
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
- 1Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Wash and dry lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeños, and green onions.
1 head romaine lettuce 4 tomatoes 2 jalapeño peppers 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 3Add beef to the skillet and, breaking apart with a spoon, cook until beef is browned and crumbly, 3-4 minutes.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef
- 4Add chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to skillet and stir to combine with the beef. Remove skillet from heat.
1 tbsp chili powder 2 tsp cumin ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Halve the lettuce lengthwise, then slice crosswise into thin (shred-like) strips. Small dice the tomatoes. Seed and mince the jalapeños. Trim and discard root ends and chop green onions.
- 6In a small bowl, prepare the salsa by mixing together tomatoes, jalapeño, onions, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
juice of 1 lime ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 7Grate 1 cup of cheddar.
½ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 8To serve, fill tortillas with shredded lettuce, ground beef, and salsa. Sprinkle cheddar over top. Enjoy!
16 small corn tortillas