- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 ½ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1 mediumyellow onion
- 4 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
-  fish sauce
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Season the rice with salt and add water; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice ½ tsp salt 2 cups water
- 2If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water until there are no more ice chunks. Then, lay them out on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry. If using fresh shrimp, skip the first step.
1 ½ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 medium zucchini squash 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 1 small bunch cilantro
- 4Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5Preheat a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 6While the pan heats up, trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion (cut into ¼-inch pieces).
1 medium yellow onion
- 7Once the pan is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 8Add the onion to the pan; cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 9While the onion cooks, trim off and discard the ends of the zucchini; quarter the zucchini lengthwise, then slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces.
- 10Add the zucchini to the pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 11While the zucchini cooks, trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Transfer to a small bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 12Peel and grate or mince the ginger. Add to the bowl with the garlic.
- 13Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper to the pan; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
2 tsp curry powder 1 tsp turmeric 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 14Add the coconut milk, and fish sauce to the pan; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
1 (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk 2 tsp fish sauce
- 15Using a knife, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves.
- 16Add the shrimp and ¾ of the cilantro (save the rest for garnishing) to the pan; cook until the shrimp are opaque and pink, 3 to 4 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- 17Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 18To serve, divide the rice between bowls, top with the shrimp and zucchini curry, and garnish with the remaining cilantro. Enjoy!