- 2 headsbutter (Boston) lettuce
- 2 mediumcarrots
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 ½ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 4whole grain buns or rolls
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  onion powder
-  panko bread crumbs
-  white wine vinegar
- 1If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.) Place the shrimp on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry.
1 ½ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 lemons 2 heads butter (Boston) lettuce 2 medium carrots 2 tomatoes
- 3Peel and mince garlic. Transfer to a small bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 4Juice one lemon into the bowl with the garlic. Add mayonnaise, chili-garlic sauce, and salt; whisk to combine and set the spicy mayo aside.
¼ cup mayonnaise 2 tsp chili-garlic sauce ½ tsp salt
- 5In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, flour, and spices. Add shrimp and toss to combine.
¼ cup panko bread crumbs 2 tbsp all-purpose flour ½ tsp paprika ½ tsp garlic powder ½ tsp onion powder ½ tsp salt
- 6Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 7Working in batches if necessary, add shrimp to the skillet; cook until opaque, 1-2 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
- 8Meanwhile, juice the remaining lemon into a large bowl. Add oil, vinegar, Dijon, honey, and spices; whisk to combine the dressing.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp white wine vinegar ½ tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp honey ½ tsp thyme ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9Separate the lettuce leaves. Set aside 2 large leaves per sandwich; chop or tear remaining leaves into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- 10Trim carrots and peel into thin noodle-like sticks using a julienne (or regular) peeler. Add to the salad bowl.
- 11Slice one tomato and set aside for the sandwiches. Small dice the remaining tomato and add to the salad bowl. Toss to combine the salad.
- 12Toast buns if desired.
4 whole grain buns or rolls
- 13Place the bottom half of a bun on each plate. Layer with lettuce, shrimp, tomato, and spicy mayo; close with top half of the bun. Serve salad on the side and enjoy!