- 1 headbutter (Boston) lettuce
- 1 mediumcarrot
- 1 clovegarlic
- ¾ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  onion powder
-  panko bread crumbs
-  white wine vinegar
- 1If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.) Place the shrimp on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry.
¾ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 lemon 1 head butter (Boston) lettuce 1 medium carrot 1 tomato
- 3Peel and mince garlic. Transfer to a small bowl.
1 clove garlic
- 4Juice half the lemon into the bowl with the garlic. Add mayonnaise, chili-garlic sauce, and salt; whisk to combine and set the spicy mayo aside.
2 tbsp mayonnaise 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce ¼ tsp salt
- 5In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, flour, and spices. Add shrimp and toss to combine.
2 tbsp panko bread crumbs 1 tbsp all-purpose flour ¼ tsp paprika ¼ tsp garlic powder ¼ tsp onion powder ¼ tsp salt
- 6Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7Add shrimp to the skillet; cook until opaque, 1-2 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
- 8Meanwhile, juice the other half of the lemon into a large bowl. Add oil, vinegar, Dijon, honey, and spices; whisk to combine the dressing.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar ¼ tsp Dijon mustard ¼ tsp honey ¼ tsp thyme ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 9Separate the lettuce leaves. Set aside 2 large leaves per sandwich; chop or tear remaining leaves into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- 10Trim carrot and peel into thin noodle-like sticks using a julienne (or regular) peeler. Add to the salad bowl.
- 11Slice half of the tomato and set aside for the sandwiches. Small dice the other half and add to the salad bowl. Toss to combine the salad.
- 12Toast buns if desired.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 13Place the bottom half of a bun on each plate. Layer with lettuce, shrimp, tomato, and spicy mayo; close with top half of the bun. Serve salad on the side and enjoy!