- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 4 earscorn
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 ½ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2red bell peppers
- 4 sliceswhole grain bread
- 1 mediumyellow onion
- 4 mediumyellow potatoes
-  black pepper
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1If using frozen shrimp, place in a medium bowl, cover with water, and set aside to thaw. If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.
1 ½ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2Wash potatoes and bell peppers. Peel and medium dice potatoes. Seed and medium dice peppers. Remove husks and silks from corn. Stand up in the middle of a medium bowl and slice kernels off the cob. Transfer everything to a medium bowl.
4 medium yellow potatoes 2 red bell peppers 4 ears corn
- 3Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 5Coat bottom of saucepan with oil. Add onion and, stirring frequently, cook until softened, 3-4 minutes.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 6Add garlic, potatoes, bell pepper, and corn to saucepan. Stir to combine.
- 7Add coconut milk, broth, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
1 (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk 16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp coriander ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8Drain shrimp and rinse under cold water until there are no more ice chunks. Place on paper towels and pat dry. Add to saucepan while the chowder is cooking.
- 9Toast bread if desired.
4 slices whole grain bread
- 10To serve, pour soup into a bowl and enjoy with bread on the side!