- 2 (15 oz) canscannellini (white kidney) beans
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 6 clovesgarlic
- 1 ½ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
-  crushed red pepper
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1If using frozen shrimp, place in a medium bowl and cover with cold water to thaw. Set aside.
1 ½ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2Peel and mince garlic. Wash and medium dice tomatoes.
6 cloves garlic 6 tomatoes
- 3Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Drain shrimp and rinse under cold water until there are no more ice chunks; place on paper towels and pat dry.
- 5Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add ½ of the garlic (save the rest for later), shrimp, and paprika. Cook until shrimp are opaque, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
about 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil ½ tsp paprika
- 6Return pan to stove and reduce heat to medium. Add more oil, remaining garlic, and pepper. Cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
about 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 7Add tomatoes. Cook until liquid is reduced, 2-3 minutes.
- 8Drain and rinse beans.
2 (15 oz) cans cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 9Add beans and broth to pan. Cook until stew thickens, about 10 minutes.
4 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 10Toast bread.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 11Stir in shrimp and cook until heated through.
- 12To serve, add stew to a bowl and have with crusty bread on the side. Enjoy!