- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 ½ lbgreen beans
- 1 lbwhite mushrooms
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 ½ lb green beans 1 lb white mushrooms 1 lemon
- 2Trim and discard the ends of the green beans; transfer to a medium bowl.
- 3Cut off the mushroom stem ends, then quarter the mushrooms lengthwise from cap to stem (you may need to cut them further if the mushrooms are large). Transfer everything to a medium bowl.
- 4Trim off and discard the ends of the shallots; peel and halve the shallots lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into half-rounds. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 5Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic and add to the bowl with the shallot.
4 cloves garlic
- 6Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 7While the skillet heats up, holding a knife parallel to the cutting board, cut the chicken in half horizontally to form thin fillets.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 8Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 tsp salt 1 tsp black pepper
- 9Once the skillet is heated, add butter to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 10Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it is cooked through and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Once done, transfer the chicken to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
- 11Fill a medium saucepan about halfway with hot water (from the tap); cover with a lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 12Juice the lemon into a small bowl.
- 13Once the chicken has been transferred, add more butter to the skillet, followed by the shallot, garlic, and mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 14Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, season with salt and add in the green beans. Cook the beans until they are bright green and tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
2 tsp salt
- 15Once the beans are cooked, drain them in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside to drain.
- 16Add additional butter and the lemon juice to the skillet. Stir together, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet, until the butter has melted.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 17To serve, place the chicken and green beans on a plate and spoon the lemon butter and sautéed mushrooms over top. Enjoy!