- 2 small bunchesasparagus
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 ½ lbsalmon fillet
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  soy sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F and position rack in the centre. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Peel and mince the garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 3Wash the asparagus and snap (or cut) off the woody ends. Transfer to the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with the minced garlic and salt and pepper; toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer, leaving room for the salmon in the middle.
2 bunches asparagus 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 4Place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, in the middle of the baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
1 ½ lb salmon fillet 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 5Place in the oven and bake until the salmon is opaque and the asparagus is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- 6In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Let it brown slightly, then remove from heat. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. Cover to keep warm.
4 tbsp butter, unsalted 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 2 tsp soy sauce
- 7To serve, arrange asparagus on a plate and place the salmon on top. Spoon the balsamic-butter sauce over top. Enjoy!