- 2 smallbutternut squash
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 lbchicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 8 clovesgarlic
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Peel and mince garlic. In a large bowl, mix together ½ of the garlic (save the rest for the mash), oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
8 cloves garlic 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp rosemary ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3Place chicken in bowl and toss to coat.
2 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 4Wash, core, and slice pears into wedges.
- 5Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil.
about 7 cups water
- 6Transfer chicken and pears to a baking dish. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Then broil until lightly browned, an additional 3-4 minutes.
- 7Wash and peel squash. Halve, scrape out and discard the seeds, and medium dice the flesh.
2 small butternut squash
- 8Add squash to saucepan once water is boiling. Cook until very tender, 10-12 minutes.
- 9Drain and return back to saucepan. Add broth, oil, salt, pepper, and remaining garlic. Mash until smooth.
8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10To serve, arrange squash mash on a plate and place chicken thighs and pears on top. Enjoy!