- 2 (14.5 oz) cansdiced tomatoes
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 6 clovesgarlic
- 12 ozlinguine pasta
- 1 ozParmesan cheese
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  Italian seasoning
-  white wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Wash and large dice eggplant. Transfer to a sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and season with oregano, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
2 eggplant 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp oregano ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3Place in the oven and, stirring halfway though, bake until softened and browned, about 20 minutes.
- 4Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
about 14 cups water 2 tbsp salt 12 oz (1 quarter coin = 2 oz) linguine pasta
- 5Heat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- 6Peel and mince onion and garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 6 cloves garlic
- 7Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add onion and, stirring frequently, cook until softened, 4-5 minutes.
about 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8Wash and dry basil. Pick leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons.
1 small pkg fresh basil
- 9Add garlic and pepper to pan. Stir until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 10Add tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, spices, and ½ of the basil (save the rest for garnishing). Cook for 4-6 minutes.
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes 1 tsp white wine vinegar ⅛ tsp brown sugar 1 tsp Italian seasoning ½ tsp salt
- 11Shave or grate ¼ cup of Parmesan.
1 oz Parmesan cheese
- 12Drain pasta and add to pan with tomatoes. Add eggplant and toss to combine.
- 13To serve, place pasta in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Garnish with remaining basil and sprinkle with Parmesan. Enjoy!