- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby arugula
- 3 cupsfrozen peas
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 ½ lbsea scallops
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red wine vinegar
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the arugula if it came pre-washed.)
1 (5 oz) pkg baby arugula 2 grapefruits
- 2Fill a medium saucepan about halfway with hot water (from the tap); bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Transfer to a small bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 4In a large salad bowl, combine and whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp red wine vinegar 1 tsp honey ½ tsp Dijon mustard ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 5Slice off a piece from both grapefruit ends, then place it flat on one of the ends and slice off the peel (from top to bottom), exposing the flesh; cut out the segments of flesh from between the membranes. Add to the salad bowl.
- 6Add the arugula to the salad bowl and toss until the salad is thoroughly coated with the dressing.
- 7Once the water is boiling, season with salt and add the peas. Cook until the peas are bright green and tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the peas in a colander, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water, and return to the saucepan.
2 tsp salt 3 cups frozen peas
- 8Add the butter, garlic, and reserved cooking water to the peas. Using a hand blender, purée the mixture until smooth. Alternatively, use a potato masher to mash the peas.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 9Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10While the skillet heats up, pat the scallops dry with paper towels and place on a plate; rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 ½ lb sea scallops 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 11Once the skillet is hot, carefully add the scallops in a single layer; cook until they develop a nice sear and are opaque throughout, 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a plate.
- 12To serve, divide the pea purée between plates, then top with the salad and scallops. Enjoy!