- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 cupquinoa
- 1 ½ lbsea scallops
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the quinoa, salt, and water; bring to a boil over high heat.
1 cup quinoa ½ tsp salt 2 cups water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 oranges 2 avocados 1 lime 1 small bunch cilantro
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the quinoa for 15 minutes. Once done, remove the quinoa from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Cut off a piece from each stem end of the oranges to reveal the flesh, slice off the skin and pith, then cut the oranges lengthwise into 8 wedges. Cut the wedges crosswise into small pieces and transfer to a large bowl (that will hold the salsa).
- 5Halve the avocados lengthwise and twist the halves to separate, then remove the pit with a knife or spoon; scoop out and medium dice the flesh. Add to the salsa bowl.
- 6Using a knife, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves. Add ½ of the cilantro to the salsa bowl and transfer the other ½ to a small bowl (for the quinoa).
- 7Trim off and discard the ends of the shallots; peel and mince the shallots. Add to the salsa bowl.
- 8Juice the lime and add to the salsa bowl.
- 9Drizzle the salsa with olive oil and season with crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper; toss to combine.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp crushed red pepper ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 11While the skillet heats up, pat the scallops dry with paper towels and place on a plate; rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 ½ lb sea scallops 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 12Once the skillet is hot, carefully add the scallops in a single layer; cook until they develop a nice sear and are opaque throughout, 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a plate.
- 13Uncover the quinoa, add the remaining cilantro, and fluff with a fork.
- 14To serve, divide the quinoa between plates; top with the salsa and then the scallops. Enjoy!