- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 lbchicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 2In a medium bowl (that will hold the chicken), combine and mix together olive oil, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 4 tsp turmeric 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 3Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels and place in the marinade; gently toss until well coated.
2 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 4Once the pan is hot, carefully add the chicken thighs; cook until they are browned (but not cooked through), 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- 5While the chicken cooks, trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion (cut into ¼-inch pieces) and transfer to a small bowl.
1 medium yellow onion
- 6Once the chicken has been transferred, reduce the heat to medium. Add olive oil and the ½ of the onion to the pan (save the rest for the salad); cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water.
1 cup basmati rice
- 8Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 9Add the garlic, turmeric, salt, and pepper to the pan; stir until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
1 tsp turmeric ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Add the rice to the pan and stir until coated with the spices and oil. Then, pour the broth into the pan, stir to combine with the rice, and bring to a boil over high heat.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 11Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer, return the chicken to the pan, and cover with a lid. Cook until the broth is absorbed and the chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 12Wash and dry the tomatoes, then cut them into thin wedges and transfer to a medium salad bowl.
- 13Add the remaining onions to the salad. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 14Once the chicken and rice are cooked, transfer the chicken to a plate and fluff the rice with a fork.
- 15To serve, divide the rice between plates and top with the chicken; serve with tomato salad on the side. Enjoy!