- 1 small bunchasparagus
- 32 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small pkgfresh mint
- 4 cupsfrozen peas
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 8 fl ozheavy cream
- 4 ozParmesan cheese
- 1 lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Drain shrimp in a colander and rinse under cold water until there are no more ice chunks. Spread out on a clean towel and pat dry. Skip this step if you are using fresh shrimp.
1 lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 3Wash the asparagus and snap (or cut) off the woody ends. Cut into 1-inch pieces and transfer to a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
1 small bunch asparagus 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4To make crisps, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grate Parmesan cheese. Measure out 1 tbsp of the grated Parmesan and place in a pile on the sheet. Repeat with remaining cheese, keeping the piles a few inches apart.
4 oz Parmesan cheese
- 5Place in the oven and bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Watch carefully because they can burn quickly. Once done, remove from the oven and let them sit for a couple of minutes.
- 6Trim, peel, and mince the shallot and garlic.
2 shallots 2 cloves garlic
- 7Preheat a large pot over medium heat.
- 8When the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat. Add the shrimp; cook until opaque, about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once done, transfer to a plate.
2 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 9Return pot to heat, add oil, swirling to coat the bottom; add shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are translucent, 2-3 minutes.
2 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 10Wash mint. Pick leaves off the stems; discard the stems and finely mince the leaves. Add to pot.
1 small pkg fresh mint
- 11Add peas, broth, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then turn down to medium-high. Cook until peas have softened, 4-5 minutes.
4 cups frozen peas 32 fl oz (4 cups) chicken or vegetable broth ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 12Add the roasted asparagus and cream to the soup, reserving some asparagus for garnish. Using an immersion (hand) blender, purée the soup until smooth. Allow soup to heat through but not boil, 2-3 minutes more.
6 fl oz (¾ cup) heavy cream
- 13To serve, ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with more cream. Top with reserved asparagus, Parmesan crisps, and shrimp. Enjoy!
2 fl oz (¼ cup) heavy cream