- 8 slicesbacon
- 1English cucumber
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 1 (8 oz) pkgfresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 pintgrape tomatoes
- 8 capsportobello mushrooms
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2Wash and dry the mushroom caps, then remove and discard the stems. Peel and mince the garlic.
8 caps portobello mushrooms 4 cloves garlic
- 3Place the mushrooms on the baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and season with the minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 4Place the mushrooms in the oven and bake for 5 minutes while you prepare the toppings.
- 5Wash the tomatoes and basil. Slice the tomatoes horizontally into rounds. Pick the basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems and slice the leaves crosswise into ribbons.
2 tomatoes 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 6Grate the fresh mozzarella.
1 (8 oz) ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- 7Chop or cut the bacon into smaller pieces.
8 slices bacon
- 8Remove mushrooms from the oven and drain any excess liquid. Sprinkle a little of the mozzarella into each cap, then top with bacon, tomato rounds, and ½ of the basil. Finish off with the remaining mozzarella.
- 9Place in the oven and cook until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
- 10Wash the cucumber and grape tomatoes. Quarter the cucumber lengthwise, then chop crosswise. Halve the tomatoes.
1 English cucumber 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 11To serve, place the mushroom pizzas on a plate and sprinkle with the remaining basil. Serve with grape tomatoes and cucumber on the side and enjoy!