- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
- 4whole grain pitas
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Peel and mince garlic. In a small bowl, mix together garlic and oil.
4 cloves garlic 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3Wash and dry tomatoes and basil. Slice two tomatoes into rounds and the other two into wedges. Pick basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems.
4 tomatoes 1 small pkg fresh basil
- 4Grate 2 cups of mozzarella.
1 (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 5Place pitas on a flat surface. Spoon olive oil and garlic mixture over top, add tomato slices (save the wedges for the salad), and sprinkle with mozzarella.
4 whole grain pita breads
- 6Place in the oven, directly on the rack, and bake until cheese melts and crust is crispy, 8-10 minutes. Then add basil leaves and broil until cheese begins to brown, 1-2 minutes.
- 7In a large bowl, prepare salad dressing by whisking together oil, vinegar, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp red wine vinegar ¼ tsp Dijon mustard ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 8Wash and dry baby spinach. Add spinach and remaining tomatoes to bowl with dressing and toss.
1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 9To serve, place pizza wedges on a plate and have with salad on the side. Enjoy!