- 2 (15 oz) cansblack beans
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 cupquinoa
- 1 mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the quinoa and water; bring to a boil over high heat.
1 cup quinoa 16 fl oz (2 cups) water
- 2Drain and rinse the black beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
2 (15 oz) cans black beans
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 mangoes 1 avocado 1 lime 1 small bunch cilantro
- 4Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the quinoa for 15 minutes. Once done, remove the quinoa from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5Juice the lime and transfer to a medium salad bowl.
- 6To the lime juice, add olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper; whisk together.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp honey 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 7Peel the mangoes, then slice off the flesh from the pit, starting with the flatter sides; discard the pit and small dice the flesh into ¼-inch cubes. Add to the salad bowl.
- 8Halve the avocado lengthwise and twist the halves to separate, then remove the pit with a knife or spoon; scoop out and small dice the flesh into ¼-inch cubes. Add to the salad bowl.
- 9Using a knife, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves. Add to the salad bowl.
- 10Trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion into ¼-inch pieces. Add to the salad bowl.
1 medium red onion
- 11Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 12Once the skillet is hot, add the black beans and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 13Uncover the quinoa and fluff with a fork.
- 14To serve, arrange the quinoa, black beans, and mango-avocado mixture in a bowl. Enjoy!