- 1 cupbrown lentils
- 8 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 (5 oz) pkgspring mix (mixed greens)
- 4whole grain buns or rolls
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  Italian seasoning
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Rinse lentils under cold water and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender 15-20 minutes.
1 cup brown lentils 2 cups water ¼ tsp salt
- 3Peel and mince garlic. In a small bowl, mix together ¾ of the garlic (save the rest for the salad), oil, and Italian seasoning.
8 cloves garlic 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4Place buns or rolls cut side up in a small baking dish. Spoon olive oil and garlic mixture on the bread.
4 whole grain buns or rolls
- 5Place in the oven and bake until bread is crusty, 10-12 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together remaining garlic, oil, vinegar, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar ½ tsp Dijon mustard ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 7Wash and dry greens. Wash, dry, and cut tomatoes into wedges. Halve and pit avocados; scoop out and medium dice. Wash, trim root ends, and chop green onions. Transfer everything to a large bowl.
1 (5 oz) pkg spring mix (mixed greens) 2 tomatoes 2 avocados 1 small bunch green onions
- 8Drain lentils and add to bowl. Toss salad.
- 9To serve, place salad on a plate, drizzle with dressing, and have with garlic bread on the side. Enjoy!