- ½ (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ cupgreen lentils
- ½ bunchkale
- ¾ lbsweet potato
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  pure maple syrup
- 1Rinse the lentils, then transfer to a small saucepan and cover with hot water (from the tap) by about 2 inches; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
½ cup green lentils ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
¾ lb sweet potatoes ½ bunch kale ½ lemon
- 3Juice the lemon into a small bowl.
- 4Trim off and discard the root end of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Add to the lemon juice.
1 clove garlic
- 5Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the lentils until they are just tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain in a colander, then set aside to cool and drain further.
- 6To the lemon juice and garlic, add olive oil, Dijon, maple syrup, cumin, salt, and pepper; whisk together.
1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp pure maple syrup ½ tsp cumin ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 7Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 8Trim off and discard the ends of the shallot; peel and halve the shallot lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into half-rounds.
- 9Once the skillet is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10Add the shallot to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 11While the shallot cooks, peel and medium dice the sweet potatoes into ½-inch cubes.
- 12Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 13While the potatoes cook, cut out and discard the kale stems; chop the leaves into 1-inch pieces.
- 14Add the kale to the skillet; cook, tossing with the potatoes, until it is softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 15Transfer the feta to a small bowl.
½ (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese
- 16Transfer the potatoes and kale to a large salad bowl.
- 17Add the lentils to the salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- 18To serve, divide the salad between dishes and top with the feta. Enjoy!