- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby arugula
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 12lamb rib chops
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to the broil setting and position the rack in the upper third of the oven.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the arugula if it came pre-washed.)
1 (5 oz) pkg baby arugula 2 eggplants 1 lemon
- 3Halve the eggplants lengthwise and place the halves cut-side-up in a baking dish.
- 4Place the eggplants in the oven and broil until browned on top, 4 to 5 minutes. Then, flip the halves over and continue to broil until the flesh is tender, another 4 to 5 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- 5Juice the lemon; divide evenly between a small bowl and a large salad bowl.
- 6To the lemon juice in the salad bowl, add olive oil and Dijon; whisk together.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 7Add the arugula to the salad bowl and toss to thoroughly coat with the dressing; set aside.
- 8Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9While the skillet heats up, pat the lamb chops dry with paper towels and place on a plate; rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
12 lamb rib chops 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add the lamb chops and cook until desired doneness, 2 to 5 minutes per side.
- 11Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Add to the small bowl with the lemon juice.
2 cloves garlic
- 12Scoop the eggplant flesh out of the skin and transfer to a small saucepan; discard the skin.
- 13To the eggplant, add the lemon juice and garlic mixture, olive oil, salt, and pepper; purée the mixture with a hand blender or mash with a potato masher until smooth.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 14To serve, divide the eggplant purée between plates, place the lamp chops on top, and add the arugula salad on the side. Enjoy!