- 2English cucumbers
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 cupjasmine rice
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  crushed red pepper
-  rice vinegar
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water to the saucepan; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup jasmine rice 2 cups water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 English cucumbers 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 3In a large salad bowl, combine and whisk together rice vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper.
2 tbsp rice vinegar 2 tsp honey ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 4Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5Trim off and discard the ends of the cucumbers; slice the cucumbers crosswise into very thin rounds. Add to the salad bowl and toss.
- 6Peel and grate or mince the ginger. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 7Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Add to the bowl with the ginger.
2 cloves garlic
- 8To the ginger and garlic, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey.
4 tbsp soy sauce 1 tsp toasted sesame oil 2 tsp honey
- 9Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 11Once the skillet is hot, add the ground beef to the skillet; cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, 3 to 4 minutes.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef
- 12Add the soy sauce mixture and about ¾ of the green onions (save the rest for garnishing) to the beef; stir to combine and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- 13Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 14To serve, divide the rice, beef, and cucumbers between plates; garnish with the remaining green onions and chili-garlic sauce. Enjoy!
2 tsp chili-garlic sauce