- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 small pkgfresh mint
- 2 cupsfrozen peas
- 4 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 1 cupplain Greek yogurt
- 1 mediumred onion
- ½ cupshredded unsweetened coconut
- 4whole grain pitas
- 4 mediumyellow potatoes
-  brown sugar
-  chili powder
-  curry powder
-  Dijon mustard
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 medium yellow potatoes 4 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 2 jalapeño peppers 1 lemon 1 small bunch cilantro 1 small pkg fresh mint
- 2Medium dice potatoes. Transfer to a medium saucepan, add salt, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork, 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2 tsp salt
- 3Peel and grate or mince the ginger. Transfer half of the ginger to a blender; place the other half in a small bowl.
- 4Quarter the jalapeño peppers lengthwise; seed and remove ribs of the jalapeños with a spoon. Finely dice; add half to the blender and half to the small bowl. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 5Juice lemon into the blender.
- 6Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems. Add cilantro to the blender, along with coconut, water, salt, chili powder, and sugar. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Transfer cilantro chutney to a small bowl and set aside. Rinse blender.
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut ¼ cup water ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp chili powder ¼ tsp brown sugar
- 7Pick mint leaves off the stems; discard the stems. Transfer mint leaves to the blender along with yogurt, water, sugar, and spices. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Transfer mint raita to a small bowl and set aside.
1 cup plain Greek yogurt 2 tbsp water ¼ tsp brown sugar ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp cumin ¼ tsp chili powder
- 8Peel and mince the onion.
1 medium red onion
- 9Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add reserved ginger, jalapeño, and onion to the skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until softened, 4-6 minutes.
¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- 11Add cooked potatoes, water, Dijon, and spices to the skillet; mash with a fork or potato masher, leaving some small pieces whole.
1 cup water 2 tsp Dijon mustard 1 tsp salt 1 tsp curry powder 1 tsp turmeric 1 tsp cumin ½ tsp chili powder
- 12Add peas, and cook, stirring often, until peas are tender and potatoes are soft and fragrant, 3-4 minutes.
2 cups frozen peas
- 13Toast pita if desired, then slice in half and carefully open using your fingers. Fill each pita with an equal portion of the potato filling.
4 whole grain pitas
- 14To serve, divide spiced potato pockets between plates. Enjoy with cilantro chutney and mint raita on the side!