- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 2 crownsbroccoli
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 ½ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- ½ cupwalnuts
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add broth and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice 16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.) Place the shrimp on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry.
1 ½ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Wash broccoli. Separate into bite-sized florets and cut stems into smaller pieces.
2 crowns broccoli
- 5In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic powder, chili-garlic sauce, and honey. Set the sauce aside.
½ cup mayonnaise ¼ tsp garlic powder ½ tsp chili-garlic sauce 4 tsp honey
- 6Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 7Roughly chop walnuts.
½ cup walnuts
- 8Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 9Add broccoli and walnuts to the skillet and stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp, 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet and place in the bowl with the sauce.
- 10Return the skillet to medium heat.
- 11Cooking in batches if necessary, add the shrimp to the skillet; cook until opaque, 1-2 minutes per side. Once done, transfer shrimp to the bowl with the broccoli and sauce. Stir to combine.
- 12To serve, divide the rice, shrimp, and broccoli between bowls and garnish with crushed red pepper. Enjoy!
⅛ tsp crushed red pepper