- ½ cupbasmati rice
- 1 crownbroccoli
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ¾ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cupwalnuts
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add broth and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
½ cup basmati rice 8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.) Place the shrimp on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry.
¾ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Wash broccoli. Separate into bite-sized florets and cut stems into smaller pieces.
1 crown broccoli
- 5In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic powder, chili-garlic sauce, and honey. Set the sauce aside.
¼ cup mayonnaise ⅛ tsp garlic powder ¼ tsp chili-garlic sauce 2 tsp honey
- 6Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 7Roughly chop walnuts.
¼ cup walnuts
- 8Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 9Add broccoli and walnuts to the skillet and stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp, 4-5 minutes. Remove from skillet and place in the bowl with the sauce.
- 10Return the skillet to medium heat.
- 11Add the shrimp to the skillet; cook until opaque, 1-2 minutes per side. Once done, transfer shrimp to the bowl with the broccoli and sauce. Stir to combine.
- 12To serve, divide the rice, shrimp, and broccoli between bowls and garnish with crushed red pepper. Enjoy!
1 pinch crushed red pepper