- 2 (15 oz) cansblack beans
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 2 (14.5 oz) cansdiced tomatoes
- 4 clovesgarlic
- ½ cupplain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ lbsweet potatoes
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Peel and small dice onion. Wash and medium dice sweet potatoes (without peeling).
1 medium yellow onion 1 ½ lb sweet potatoes
- 3Coat bottom of saucepan with oil. Add onion and potatoes. Stirring frequently, cook until onion is softened, 3-4 minutes.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 4Peel and mince garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 5Once onion is softened, add garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to saucepan. Stir and cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
1 tbsp chili powder 2 tsp cumin ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook chili until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 7Drain and rinse beans; add to saucepan while the chili is simmering.
2 (15 oz) cans black beans
- 8Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add ¾ of the cilantro (save the rest for garnishing) to saucepan; stir to combine. Continue cooking until potatoes are tender.
1 small bunch cilantro
- 9Serve chili in a bowl and garnish with dollops of yogurt and remaining cilantro. Enjoy!
½ cup plain Greek yogurt